Sunday, September 14, 2008

things: Harriet the Spy

circa: 1996
I watched this movie for the first time in like 7 years yesterday. It is HANDS DOWN in my top 10. I wanted to be Harriet, I wanted her life. I think it's weird that I watched it yesterday and still want her life. The whole movie epitomizes the childhood of the 90's. Granted their roller blading was equivolent to my hide-and-go seek, the happiness they had is so nostalgic right now. The wardrobe of the flick is what had me going off. Marian Hawthorne was like the ULTIMATE villian (bitch), but that sixth grader WENT OFF in that houndstooth blazer. I was like oh my god, she is my little girl. I can't wait for my daughter, I want her to be eclectic and intellectual just like her mother. Everything about this story was great, the relationships, the morals, the context (I'm not sure what city, but it was BEAUTIFUL). Harriet was my hero, it's like we had the same brain.


"I want to see everything, I want to know everything."- Harriet M. Welsch
miss lipstank.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I left the vhs at my mom's house. I need it , ha. I almost made a trip down to charlotte the other night just for that movie. Excellent.

Unknown said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! I am going to have to go rent it and watch it again.